Each local radio station in the UK has requirements in respect of its music and local content, such as news, speech levels etc.
This Public File contains details, such as music tracks, local news etc. It is intended to give you a better understanding of our output and what we are doing for the Wakefield District & South Leeds. We are fully licenced by PPL and PRS to stream music. Although we are not currently regulated by Ofcom we operate within Ofcom constraints as a professional and responsible online broadcaster.
Ofcom, the Office of Communications, is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries, with responsibilities across television, radio, telecommunications and wireless communications services. To find out more visit their website at http://www.ofcom.org.uk
To report interference by illegal broadcasters to Ofcom please use the following link http://ask.ofcom.org.uk/help/radio/pirates
1. News Bulletin Schedule: Broadcast 24 hours daily.
2. Our news, weather, sport and showbiz bulletins are provided by Radio News Hub.
3. Service Duration: 24 hours. Programmes schedule can be viewed on the schedule page here.
4. Rhubarb Radio automates a small amount of its output. Automation is temporary used during the hours of 12am-5am weekdays and 2am-5am weekends. All other shows are live or live assist shows.
5. Local production: Rhubarb Radio is locally produced 24 hours a day except for 2 hours on a Sunday when we carry the syndicated Airplay 40 chart Rewind show & 1 hour Saturday when we carry the syndicated Acceptable 80s show.
6. Format: Our format is Hot Adult Contemporary with a primary target audience of 35 to 54 within the Wakefield District & South Leeds with an emphasis on locally driven content and sport. 20% speech / 80% music.
7. The station’s playlist is extremely varied from the classics of the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s to some current chart hits.
8. The station air’s some specialist shows on weekends between 12am-2am that may include music from the 1960s.
9. Rhubarb Radio supports local charity and non-profit making events and organisations by providing free coverage on our What’s On Guide, fund raising and donations.
10. Rhubarb Radio promotes new local bands, groups and artists through Local Music Live. Find out more at www.localmusiclive.org
11. Should you wish to make a complaint about the station, about programming, advertising and general complaints heard on the station, please direct comments to the Programme Director, Jon Butler.
12. For any other comments or enquiries regarding Rhubarb Radio Email email@example.com