Rhubarb Radio – Competition rules
1. All entrants to any Rhubarb Radio contest both imply and agree to participate in the contests and obey the rules by their participation in the contest.
2. All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are non-exchangeable and non-transferable, and are not redeemable for other prizes. Rhubarb Radio cannot accept responsibility for the loss of a prize once it has been received by the prize winner and all prizes must be claimed within 28 days of notification.
3. Employees & volunteers of Rhubarb Radio, its affiliated companies, their advertising agencies and immediate families are not eligible to enter or win.
4.1. Please ensure you follow the exact on-air or online Competition entry instructions. We cannot guarantee entry for incorrect entries.
4.2. For each on-air Competition all timings including the closing time are as broadcast on air.
5.1. Rhubarb Radio may limit competition entrants to only those people listening within the station area demographic at the time of entering the competition unless otherwise stated. To ensure a valid entry into a Competition you must enter as an individual using your legal name and make only one entry per competition, unless the specific rules allow you to make multiple entries.
5.2. Candidates in any national or local Election will be ineligible, during the period of such Election, to enter any Competition until after the conclusion of such Election.
6. No prize may be used in any way that would have, or could have been expected to have an adverse or negative effect on the Rhubarb Radio.
7. Winners will permit Rhubarb Radio and the sponsors of particular competitions to use their name, voice and/or likeness without prior notice or compensation, for promotional purposes in connection with the contest in broadcast, electronic and print forms.
8. Winners are responsible for all costs associated with travel to any venue or event for which a prize was awarded, unless otherwise specified.
9. Winners shall solely be responsible for all applicable taxes or additional charges on any prize awarded.
10. Winners agree to indemnify and hold forever harmless Rhubarb Radio, promotion agencies, their agents, officers, employees, affiliates and assigns for any injuries, accidents, misfortunes, or causes of action arising from or in connection with participation in any contest and/or acceptance of the prize.
11. Any ties, disputes, conflicts, questions or concerns regarding the Rhubarb Radio contests and/or their associated prizes will be handled by Rhubarb Radio, whose decisions are final and indisputable.
12. Winners agree to indemnify and to hold Rhubarb Radio harmless in the event of any injuries or other maladies with regards participation in any contest staged or sponsored by Rhubarb Radio. Entrants have entered the contest at their own risk, and agree to hold nobody responsible for any injuries or misfortune with regards to participation in any Rhubarb Radio contest.
13. If a concert or other ticketed event has been awarded as a prize and the concert or event is postponed, rained out, cancelled or for other reasons beyond Rhubarb Radio’s control does not occur, Rhubarb Radio will not be responsible for replacing the prize.
14. Rhubarb Radio may impose an age limit on entering specific competitions, which will be announced on air and posted on our website.
15. Rhubarb Radio may require proof of winner’s age before prizes can be sent to winners. Receipt of prizes may be delayed until such proof is received by Rhubarb Radio and failure to do so will negate any claim. Prizes will be mailed / available for pickup 6-8 weeks after they have been awarded, unless otherwise noted. Concert tickets are usually not available until 2 weeks prior to the concert date. Rhubarb Radio cannot be held responsible for delays in postal delivery methods or strike action by such organisations.
16. The names of winners are available from Rhubarb Radio upon request for up to 8 weeks after the closure of the competition.
17. If the winner(s) of the prize cannot be traced after reasonable efforts having been made by Rhubarb Radio then Rhubarb Radio may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit without any liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
18. Where competition entry is via phone or premium rate phone or text entrants must be the person who pays the bill or have the permission of the bill payer before entering. The cost of entering competition will be announced on air and displayed on the station website.
19. Rhubarb Radio is not responsible for any disconnection of a participant’s telephone call or sending of text messages due to the Phone Company’s failure, Power Company’s failure, or other act of god.
20. Rhubarb Radio reserves the absolute right to disqualify any entrant to any competition which it considers has used improper means to enter.
21.1 We shall be entitled, in our reasonable discretion, to cancel, delay and/or recommence a Competition with immediate effect by on-air or online announcement without any liability to you. If we cancel a Competition after you have claimed a Prize, we will use our reasonable endeavours to offer you an alternative prize. If we offer an alternative Prize but you do not accept it, you will have no claim against us.
21.2 We may cancel a competition if we believe we have good reason to do so, if a broadcasting, publishing, production, distribution or printing error of any kind occurs. Also if there have been any errors in the preparation for, or the conduct of, the Competition materially affecting the result, the number of Prize claims or the value of the Prize claims.
22. Past employees & volunteers of the Rhubarb Radio cannot participate in competitions up to 2 years following their departure from the company.
23. Rhubarb Radio retains the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time for any reason.